Professional Dictation, Streamlined Efficiency.
Discover the Revolutionary Olympus DS9500
The Ultimate Dictation Solution!
Record your voice and manage dictation workflow with enhanced clarity and increased flexibility in any environment.
With advanced features including WiFi technology, a superior noise canceling system, and enhanced structural integrity, the DS-9500 will simplify your workflow and improve dictation management efficiency. WiFi capability enables you to send dictation immediately to your transcriptionist without a USB cord, docking station, or computer. Intelligent dual microphones control the directionality to keep the focus on the person dictating and suppress ambient noise in offices, hospitals, cars, airports, and other noisy environments. A triple layer studio quality filter ensures accurate voice capture while reducing unwanted sounds including breath "pops" and wind vibrations. This ensures superior accuracy and enhanced workflow efficiency.
WiFi compatibility and LAN connector included.
Managing workflow and sending dictation via WiFi accessibility provides increased flexibility and improved efficiency. Pairing with your personal hotspot or office network provides real-time file sharing with your transcriptionist. Status of transcription files can easily be checked on the DS-9500. learn more about Wifi transfer >>
Intuitive Slide Switch Control
Since the slide switch is the most used part of the device, it is essential to offer a durable and reliable switch in order to support our customers in a professional environment. The optical switch simplifies the structure of the component to reduce the potential risk of defect, yet offering excellent usability at the same time.
Speech Recognition with Accuracy, Clarity and Noise-Reduction
Intelligent dual microphone technology settings ensure optimization for many different recording environments. For example in a noisy environment such as an airport, use narrow directionality to ensure the voice is accurately captured. For conference rooms with multiple individuals speaking, use a wide directionality setting recording to accurately capture all presenters.
Crystal clear voice in any environment using intelligent dual microphones.
In Quiet Environment, Dictation Mode 1 uses an omni-directional microphone to record sound in a 360-degree radius. In Noisy Environment, Dictation Mode 2 uses two microphones to filter out ambient noise and record directional speech. In Conference Recording, the Conference mode with intelligent auto mode records high-quality stereo and adjusts recording levels based on the loudness of different speakers' voices.
Built-in Professional Quality Studio Recording
The included studio quality pop filter reduces additional noise from wind and breath noise, encouraging more accurate transcription and professional quality recordings
Motion Sensor and VCVA Technology
While the motion sensor allows the user to wake up the device by picking it up to immediately start recording, VCVA technology (Voice activated recording) automatically tracks pauses in a speaker’s dictation in order to save time, power and recording space. These features are easily customized and allow 15 different sensitivity levels, providing intuitive usage and power saving options for every user.
Shock Proof Body Improves Longevity
A reliable body design resistant up to a 1.5 meter (4.9-ft) fall significantly improves the lifespan of the device in heavy use environments. An optical slide switch reduces risk of mechanical failure
Olympus Dictation Management System Release 7 software included
Quickly and easily share dictation files via email, a shared folder or FTP. Automatic (e.g. author ID) and manual tagging (e.g. priority level, work type) of dictations makes the transcription workflow fast and secure.
Directional Stereo Recording optimized for Conference settings
Intelligent dual microphones control the directionality to keep the focus on the person dictating and suppress ambient noise in offices, hospitals, cars, airports and other noisy environments. A triple layer studio quality filter ensures accurate voice capture while reducing unwanted sounds such as breath and wind vibrations. This ensures superior accuracy that enhances workflow efficiency.
Resilient in everyday dictation
Thanks to the robust housing and fabrication, the device is very durable. Our tests confirmed that the DS-9500 continues its recording when falling off a desk and survived the tests without any impairments (drop tested up to 1.5m). Also, the coating is alcohol resistant, allowing you to clean the device hygienically.
256-bit file encryption with DSS Pro audio codec
The recorder offers enhanced security features such as a 4-digit device PIN and 256-bit file encryption with DSS Pro (DS2) audio codec, making it suitable for sensitive information like medical dictation (HIPAA), legal, and law enforcement.
Efficient working with the Docking station.
The DS-9500 Docking Station provides the seamless connection to your PC. When connected to an Olympus AC Adapter, it charges the DS-9000 in under 2 hours. The Docking Station´s allow for fast downloading files to PC.
Optionally, you can connect it with a footswitch and control the device remotely. This allows for hands-free dictation.
- DS-9500 Digital Voice Recorder
- Olympus Dictation Management System (ODMS) - Dictation Module
- Olympus AC Adapter (A-517)
- Olympus Docking Station (CR-21)
- (Internal) microSD Card
- Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery (LI-92B)
- microUSB Cable (KP-30)
- Carrying Case (CS-151)
- Warranty Card
- WiFi compatible for immediate file sharing with transcriptionist . Windows Only*
- Intelligent dual microphones suppress unwanted background noise
- Triple-layer sound studio pop filter blocks breath and wind vibrations
- Certified up to 1.5 meter shockproof body
- Precise slide switch (REC / STOP / PLAY / REW)
- Full Color TFT LCD with white LED backlight, 36.72mm x 48.96mm / 2.4 inch (240 x 320 pixels)
- Rechargeable Li-ion-battery (1350mAh)
- Storage media: Secure Digital (SD, SDHC), 2GB, 32GB (External)
- Internal storage media: 2GB (micro SD), DSS Pro SP = approx. 306 hours recording time
- Voice Activated recording
Advanced Recording Features
- Motion sensor automatically wakes the device from sleep mode with positional changes
- Voice activated recording (VCVA)
- Microphone sensitivity: 3 Levels (High/Middle/Low)(Conference Mode = Auto)
- Insert, Overwrite, Append, Partially erase: Only with DSS Pro & DSS (Overwrite & Append: also WAV)
- Index Marks Per File: 32 (DSS Pro/WAV/MP3), 16 (DSS)
- Level meter, VCVA indicator
- Folders: Up to 7 (name changeable)
- Hands-free dictation, stand-alone transcription with optional Olympus Footswitch RS-31
- Full-duplex recording with headphones