Professional Dictation, Streamlined Efficiency.
Capture your voice with enhanced clarity, simplicity and flexibility, in any environment.
With advanced features including a superior noise canceling system, best-in-class file encryption, and supreme structural integrity, the DS-9000 will simplify your workflow and increase dictation management efficiency. Intelligent dual microphones control the directionality to keep the focus on the person dictating and suppress ambient noise in offices, hospitals, cars, airports and other noisy environments. A triple layer studio quality filter ensures accurate voice capture while reducing unwanted sounds such as breath and wind vibrations. This ensures superior accuracy that enhances workflow efficiency.
Intuitive Slide Switch Control
Since the slide switch is the most used part of the device, it is essential to offer a durable and reliable switch in order to support our customers in a professional environment. The optical switch simplifies the structure of the component to reduce the potential risk of defect, yet offering excellent usability at the same time.
Speech Recognition with Accuracy, Clarity and Noise-Reduction
Intelligent dual microphone technology settings ensure optimization for many different recording environments. For example in a noisy environment such as an airport, use narrow directionality to ensure the voice is accurately captured. For conference rooms with multiple individuals speaking, use a wide directionality setting recording to accurately capture all presenters.
Motion Sensor and VCVA Technology
While the motion sensor allows the user to wake up the device by picking it up to immediately start recording, VCVA technology (Voice activated recording) automatically tracks pauses in a speaker’s dictation in order to save time, power and recording space. These features are easily customized and allow 15 different sensitivity levels, providing intuitive usage and power saving options for every user.
Professional Quality Studio Recording Built-in
The included studio quality pop filter reduces additional noise from wind and breath noise, encouraging more accurate transcription and professional quality recordings
Shock Proof Body Improves Longevity
A reliable body design resistant up to a 1.5 meter (4.9-ft) fall significantly improves the lifespan of the device in heavy use environments. An optical slide switch reduces risk of mechanical failure
Olympus Dictation Management System Release 7 software included
Quickly and easily share dictation files via email, a shared folder or FTP. Automatic (e.g. author ID) and manual tagging (e.g. priority level, work type) of dictations makes the transcription workflow fast and secure.
Directional Stereo Recording optimized for Conference settings
Intelligent dual microphones control the directionality to keep the focus on the person dictating and suppress ambient noise in offices, hospitals, cars, airports and other noisy environments. A triple layer studio quality filter ensures accurate voice capture while reducing unwanted sounds such as breath and wind vibrations. This ensures superior accuracy that enhances workflow efficiency.
256-bit file encryption with DSS Pro audio codec
The recorder offers enhanced security features such as a 4-digit device PIN and 256-bit file encryption with DSS Pro (DS2) audio codec, making it suitable for sensitive information like medical dictation (HIPAA), legal, and law enforcement.
- DS-9000 Digital Voice Recorder
- Olympus Dictation Management System (ODMS) - Dictation Module
- (Internal) microSD Card
- Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery (LI-92B)
- microUSB Cable (KP-30)
- Carrying Case (CS-151)
- Warranty Card
- Intelligent dual microphones suppress unwanted background noise
- Triple-layer sound studio pop filter blocks breath and wind vibrations
- Certified up to 1.5 meter shockproof body
- Precise slide switch (REC / STOP / PLAY / REW)
- Full Color TFT LCD with white LED backlight, 36.72mm x 48.96mm / 2.4 inch (240 x 320 pixels)
- Rechargeable Li-ion-battery (1350mAh)
- Storage media: Secure Digital (SD, SDHC), 2GB, 32GB (External)
- Internal storage media: 2GB (micro SD), DSS Pro SP = approx. 306 hours recording time
- Voice Activated recording
Advanced Recording Features
- Motion sensor automatically wakes the device from sleep mode with positional changes
- Voice activated recording (VCVA)
- Microphone sensitivity: 3 Levels (High/Middle/Low)(Conference Mode = Auto)
- Insert, Overwrite, Append, Partially erase: Only with DSS Pro & DSS (Overwrite & Append: also WAV)
- Index Marks Per File: 32 (DSS Pro/WAV/MP3), 16 (DSS)
- Level meter, VCVA indicator
- Folders: Up to 7 (name changeable)
- Hands-free dictation, stand-alone transcription with optional Olympus Footswitch RS-31
- Full-duplex recording with headphones